“Optical Sensing Market by Industry (Aerospace & Defense, Utilities, Oil & Gas, Medical, Construction, and Consumer Electronics), Application, Method, and Geography – Global Forecast to 2023″, The optical sensing market is projected to grow from USD 1.12 Billion in 2016 to USD 3.46 Billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 15.47% between 2017 and 2023.
Optical sensing devices have been adopted across a number of industries such as aerospace & defense; utilities; and oil & gas. These devices use light sources such as visible light, ultraviolet light, and infrared light to detect environmental parameters such as pressure and temperature. The key feature of these devices is their accuracy in sensing and ability to withstand high temperature and electromagnetic interference. Growing investments in R&D activities in the market are expected to boost the market in the coming years.
Optical sensing devices for pressure and strain sensing applications accounted for the largest market share in the market in 2016. The sensors have accurate measurement capability and ability to withstand harsh environments and are suitable for industries such as aerospace & defense; utilities; and oil and gas.
The market for biochemical sensing application is expected to grow at a fast rate during the forecast period. The reducing prices and form factor of the sensor have increased the rate of adoption of these sensing devices.
Pressure and strain sensing application is expected to dominate the optical sensing market during the forecast period
The pressure and strain sensing application constituted the largest market share in the optical sneezing market in 2016 and is expected to grow at a considerable rate between 2017 and 2023. The pressure and strain sensing application is easy to devise using various intrinsic and extrinsic methods and have applications across various industries. The core industries rely on these robust sensors and the ability to deploy these sensors in point based or distributed network in order to achieve better visibility across vast infrastructure in these industries.
Key Target Audience:
- Optical sensing device manufacturers
- Optical fiber manufacturers
- Aviation manufacturers
- Energy and power companies
- Geotechnical and construction vendors
- Defense researchers
- Safety equipment manufacturers
- Industrial automation vendors
- Medical equipment manufacturers
- Consumer electronics vendors
- Government regulatory bodies
- Educational institutes
- Private research organizations
- Organizations, alliances, and associations related to optical sensing industry
Scope of the Report:
The research report segments the optical sensing market into following submarkets:
- Aerospace & defense
- Oil & gas
- Consumer electronics
- Others (Chemicals, transportation, and marine)
- Pressure and strain sensing
- Temperature sensing
- Geological survey
- Biochemical sensing
- Biometric and ambience sensing
- Others (Radiation sensing, flow sensing, and partial discharge detection)
- Extrinsic Optical coherence tomography Encoders Laser Doppler velocimetry Pyrometers Fabry-Perot Interferometers Spectroscopy
- Intrinsic Scattering based Raman Rayleigh Brillouin Fiber Braggs Grating (FBG) based Point FBG based Spatially continuous based
- North America U.S. Canada Mexico
- Europe Germany France U.K. Russia Italy Spain Rest of Europe
- Asia-Pacific China Japan India South Korea Rest of APAC
- Rest of the World Middle East & Africa South America
Mr. Shelly Singh
630 Dundee Road
Northbrook, IL 60062
USA : 1-888-600-6441.