Production Supervisor Job in Reynosa, Tamaulipas, Mexico
Purpose of Position.
Responsible for the direction and supervision of the performance of individuals or a team of associates who put together components to make assemblies or process raw materials into finished products in an industrial environment in order to exceed Quality, Cost, Delivery, Morale, and Safety goals
Major responsibilities and tasks of the position.
- Accomplishes manufacturing results by coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Focus on delivering changes through people development and management
- Participate in daily Core Team and quality meetings to meet and exceed business unit goals and metrics
- Complete production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries
- Maintains manufacturing information updated
- Maintains safe culture and clean work in compliance with established policies, procedures, 5’s culture, and PBS
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; internal benchmarking.
- Participate with status and improvement plans in weekly meetings and Performance Review of Operations meetings
- Manage vacations and attendance for direct reports
- Supervise and coordinate the various company programs, 5’s, cost reduction, etc.
- Support Value Stream Map creation and Maintenance
- Point of contact for new product/process introductions to ensure safety, ergonomics, 5’s, and productivity goals are met
- Lead and participate in improvement and cost reduction projects
- Assurance of the certification and training of all personnel assigned
- Coordinate monthly PSA inventories activities, keeping track of the discrepancies of PSA inventories (SAP)
- Participate in the TL9000, ISO 14000 audits to keep the certification.
- Contribute to CAPAS documentation, implementation, and execution
Minimum Knowledge and Skill Requirements.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent
B. Work Experience.
- 0-3 years of experience in the Manufacturing field (Preferred)
- 0-3 or more years of experience in leading and/or supervising personnel (Preferred)
- Bilingual (Preferred)
- Understanding and experience of Lean Manufacturing and Value Stream Mapping (preferred)
- Green Belt Certified (preferred)
- Data-driven decision making
- Quality Systems and TPM knowledge
- Basic Project Management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Dynamic and able to manage multiple activities and prioritize
- Strong Leadership Skills to effectively manage cross-functional teams
- People development
- Ability to Manage diverse resources