Position Summary: The position of process and product development manager serves as a member of the Cable Technology staff. Cable Technology operates as a highly matrixed organization where most work is accomplished through project teams which are formed with employees from a variety of capability groups.
As a result, managers in Cable Technology serve a variety of roles including:
• Employee supervision for specific capability functions
• Staff sponsorship for Global Priority List (GPL) projects
• Product team representation
• Other functions (strategy development, capability development, special assignments, etc.).
• Capability Management: this could include management and oversight of a specific capability such as Competitive Intelligence, MEE, Application Understanding or Connector Interface Specific
Specific responsibilities of the Manager, Process and Product Development will include but are not limited to:
• Employee Development: Work collaboratively in areas such as employee coaching, feedback, and evaluation due to the matrix structure of the Cable Technology organization.
• Staff Sponsor: Serve as the Cable Staff Sponsor for projects on the GPL. This will include projects in all regions of the world and is primarily intended to provide coaching for the project leader and a “single voice” to the project from the Cable Technology staff.
• Product Team Representation: The roles of product team representation are shared among the cable technology staff members. Responsible for direct representation on product team and / or focus on other strategic / business initiatives in lieu of direct representation of a product team.
• Fundamental Understanding: Provide management support for the continued adoption of this practice across Cable Technology by consistently asking questions aimed to understand the technical knowledge on a particular topic.
• Strategic Focus: As cable technology shifts focus towards emerging markets, sustainable long term cost advantage, and high collaboration with Fiber, will be expected to develop specific initiatives, projects, and capabilities focused on advancing our progress in this area.
• B.S. or equivalent technical degree with > 10 years of relevant experience
• Cabling experience in process, design, and/or materials
• Progressively responsible roles in technology and/or engineering
• Demonstrated experience achieving significant improvements through others
• Project management of significant scope in complexity, investment, and impact
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated leadership ability Desired: Experience in multiple functional organizations (Technology, Manufacturing, Product Line Management)
Travel: Moderate travel within the U.S. and overseas