Scope of Role:
• The EIG Contract Manufacturing (CM) Engineer position supports the global Corning Research Development Corporation (CRDC) including supplier management and supply chain development.
• Responsible for the development and execution of CM discovery, qualification, onboarding, and mgmt based on the EIG supply chain strategies.
• Evaluate CM capabilities, costs, and capacities through on-site visits and supplier audits.
• Engagement with CMs to identify manufacturing and process improvement opportunities to drive continuous improvement, lower manufacturing costs, and improve lead time. This includes influencing the CMs to implement plans, driving the execution, and delivering results including measurement of the outputs.
• Manage and align CM manufacturing operations with Corning manufacturing and business strategies to meet customer, business, and corporate objectives.
• Collaborate with supply chain planning to ensure accurate visibility of the demand and execution of the delivery performance at the CMs.
• Drive sourcing strategies that align with the business, commercial, sample development, and manufacturing.
• CM relationship management including business reviews at predetermined intervals.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Own and manage the 4 C’s at the CMs … capability, capacity, cost, and culture.
• Overall implementation and optimization of activities and support required for the delivery of products, process,es and services to the EIG business.
• Key contributor to risk identification and executes risk mitigation plans.
• Active participation, facilitation, or leading the where to make decision analysis including Discovery, Selection, Onboarding, and CM mgmt.
• Develops and executes detailed supplier qualification plans for both new and existing suppliers. • Audits CMs to influence change management and drive improvement.
• Develops and writes detailed reports, qualification summaries, and procedures.
• Continuous improvement of CM Operations (safety, 5S, Lean, SPC, Mfg Process Excellence, etc). • Measure the following at the CMs … performance, process metrics, and execution
• Develop, manage and drive cost reduction portfolios for the CMs
• Develop metrics for accountability including speeds, tact time, yields, material utilization, delivery, etc.
Travel Requirements: Up to 25% travel primarily domestic; international travel as required
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technical or Supply Chain with a strong interest in manufacturing and development environments
• 5+ years of engineering, manufacturing, or supply chain experience in more than 1 of the following areas:
o Quality Engineering (QMS, auditing) o Manufacturing Engineering (capacity and cost modeling) o Production Supervision o Process or Product Engineering
o Supply Chain Planning/Sourcing
o Safety Engineering
• Experience in commercial, supply chain, or contract manufacturing management
• Ability to learn and understand new technologies and markets
• Strong, proven negotiation skills (ie. spec negotiations)
• Highly organized, flexibility and adaptability
• Ability to work in teams, lead teams, and direct others
• Ability to work in an ambiguous environment where multitasking is required
• Interest and passion for technology, innovation, and new product introduction
• Experience with data collection, data analysis software, and techniques (Excel, Minitab, Pi, Access, etc)
• Microsoft products proficiency including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc)
• Manufacturing process improvement skills
• Customer and/or supplier management experience
• Project management and/or new product introduction experience
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and conflicting requirements
• Proven ability to manage self and others
• Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
• Makes sound decisions based on data analysis, experience, wisdom, and judgment
• Organized and pays attention to details
• Effective communication skills (written and oral); active listening skills
• Open and engaging during meetings and presentations
• Supports Corning’s Values
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.