Corning Inc, China is looking for an Application Engineer for their office in Changzhou, China.
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Support research activities carried out in the lab, including preparing for experiments, facilitating the operation in tests, cleaning the equipment, and performing sample analysis.
- Maintain and fix reactors, and related auxiliaries to ensure their good shape and performance.
- Help with lab chemicals and wastes management and disposal.
- Help with lab safety and 5S implementations.
- Other tasks assigned by the manager
Education & Experience
- Master degree with 0-2 years experience or bachelor degree with ≥2 years’ experience in organic synthesis, applied chemistry, or a related field
- Industrial process synthesis, plant reactor operating experience a plus
- Experience as an application engineer or technical sales a plus
- Knowledge or experience with process development in pharmaceutical, fine-chemicals a plus
- Proficient in chemical reaction tests in application labs and at customer sites
- Familiar with standard chemical analysis methods such as GC, HPLC, TLC etc.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and in Mandarin
- Good interpersonal, telephone, presentation skills
- Good cross-functional team communication skill. Experience in multiple team work.
- Good problem solving skills, and independent execution skills
- Ability / willingness to travel
- Some knowledge/experience in process designs and SHE regulations is a good plus
- Ability to function and thrive in a global team environment with an appreciation of aggressive goals
- Stable, reliable, flexible