Scope of Position: Apply knowledge of engineering principles and practices to effectively accomplish technical assignments and projects. Makes decisions independently based upon sound engineering and scientific methods. Actively participates within and beyond department boundaries to resolve important process and product issues. Enhance manufacturing capabilities through the implementation of new ideas and methods. Independently executes projects to fulfill department goals and objectives.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day problem solving support to production operations
- Analyze data to understand process capability and monitor process trends to drive continued manufacturing excellence
- Identify process improvement and cost reduction projects based on analysis of process data. The individual is expected to utilize the scientific method to develop, test, and prove hypotheses.
- Prepare cost justifications and capital requests for any new equipment purchases that may be required to achieve project goals.
- Interface with operators, team leaders, and peers to develop and implement a process, equipment, or safety improvements into manufacturing.
- Oversee all aspects of bringing new equipment into production, including preparation of financial justification, designing, specifying, purchasing, as well as tracking all spending related to the project. Develop maintenance and operator training documentation, conducting equipment qualification and initial training of production personnel, and making provisions for repair parts stocking levels. Formally document all aspects of the project
- Support the transfer of new cabling technology, materials, or processes from development to production. Provide processing support during product development, develop plans as to how the equipment/processes will be employed into production, and ensure that the new technology is repeatable in a production environment prior to transfer. Ensure all production and maintenance documentation is completed such as MI’s, SOP’s, PM’s, and calibration.
Travel Requirements: Less than 10%
Hours of work/work schedule/flextime: 8 am – 5 pm, support off shift as needed
Required Education: Bachelor of Science in Engineering or other technical fields
Required Years and Area of Desired: 2-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Creative/innovative problem solving
- Strong technical fundamentals with process engineering skills
- Able to collaborate across organizational boundaries and integrate solutions
- Results oriented and high commitment
- The ability to learn new technology and processes quickly
- Experience with Statistical packages such as Minitab
- Skill with Structured Problem Solving such as DMAIC or PDCA
- Knowledge of plastic extrusion technologies, Cabling processes and equipment, and/or UV Curable technologies
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or equivalent experience
- Project Management including Cost Estimation, Project Planning, and Execution
- Experience programming PLCs in a manufacturing environment
- Can establish a broad network across the engineering and technology organizations
- Good verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills – engaging, enabling, open
- Planning and organization
- Effective in managing multiple priorities
- Can give and receive coaching to/from peers and Technicians
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
For more details and Application, Visit: Process Engineer II