Company: Softest Consulting Services Ltd
Company Location: Dublin
A Telecom client having large operations in Ireland is looking for a Network Designer on a permanent basis to work onsite in Dublin, Ireland.
The National Broadband Plan (NBP) is the largest ever telecommunications project undertaken by the Irish State. It aims to radically transform the country’s broadband landscape through the delivery of quality, affordable high-speed broadband to all parts of Ireland where such services are not available commercially.
The NBP will ensure that all people and businesses in the Intervention Area have access to a modern and reliable broadband network, capable of supporting the communications, information, education, and entertainment requirements of current and future generations.
The network will be designed, built, and operated by National Broadband Ireland, using a combination of State subsidy and commercial investment. It will make its services available to all of the rollout area, which accounts for 23% of the population in about approximately 537,000 homes, farms, schools, and businesses.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that network design is carried out in adherence to design, job pack, and quality criteria. To monitor design contractor field resource quality compliance against the Design Manager’s standards through in-progress and retrospective inspections. To monitor compliance by the contracted design resources with job pack standards. The role will also support the Design Manager in the generation of the Design input packs for each deployment area and oversee data handover to the nominated contract resource.
- Oversee and QA the Implementation of the Network Design Principles by contractors.
- Manage the relationship with design contractors to deliver Network Detailed Work Plans and Packs to support the timely execution of the build process and the network deployment programme.
- Apply the network Architecture compliance checks on contractor produced detailed designs.
- Manage the delivery of Design requirements to meet the NBI deployment Programme Director’s plan.
- Oversee the implementation of the network Design Quality Assurance and acceptance testing.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety obligations by contracted design operatives.
- Oversee compliance with an environmental and ecological compliance plan.
- Work with the Regional Design Manager to develop and deliver a cohesive delivery schedule.
- Support the Regional Design manager to Implement the Departmental Authorisation to proceed the process.
- Support the Network Deployment Infrastructure Access manager with timely delivery of access request packs.
- Deliver Network Detailed Design Input Work Packs for supply to the Design contractor.
- Deliver a Quality Assurance Plan.
- Deliver Detailed Design pack delivery for the passive Access network to meet programme schedule.
- Deliver Design compliance oversight.
- Deliver Deviation for design governance during the build phase.
Knowledge & Experience:
- A Telecom Network Designer with about 3 years or more experience in the production of Fibre Access Network Detailed designs.
- Experienced in ARC GIS system to make sure all the distance and routes of the fibre are correct.
- Knowledge of operation of an ISO accredited environment.
- Experience of Quality Assurance and Quality management systems essential.
- Experience of telecommunications network construction principles essential.
- Experience of permit and wayleave process and requirements.
- Ability to manage time and deal with multiple complex problems at once.
- Knowledge of Nokia fibre equipment would be desirable, but not essential.
- High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop individually and as a team.
- Ability to successfully supervise external partners/vendors.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
- An excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the behavioural and role modelling trains to proponent NBI’s values.
What’s in it for you?
Apart from being involved with the largest and most strategic national infrastructure project in the history of the State, we can give you:
- Competitive salary
- Permanent Health insurance
- Generous annual leave policy
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Training, Development and Career Progression
- Flexible work/life balance culture
Irish, British, EU/EEA citizens, Stamp 4, Stamp 1G candidates will be considered for this role.
How to apply:
If you feel you’ve got the right skills and experience, we would absolutely love to hear from you!
Apply directly on our website: https://softest.co/job_post/network-designer-dublin/
Or, just submit your CV and the following details on this page – we’ll contact you shortly!
- Visa/Work Permit status, if any:
- Expected salary:
- Notice period:
- Short Summary about skills and experience relevant to this role:
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €45,000.00-€55,000.00 per year
- Overtime pay
- Performance bonus