Cabling Process Engineer Job at Corning facility in Winston-Salem.
Scope of Position:
Apply knowledge of engineering principles and practices to effectively accomplish technical assignments and projects. Makes decisions independently based upon sound engineering and scientific methods. Actively participates within and beyond department boundaries to resolve important process and product issues. Enhances manufacturing capabilities through the implementation of new ideas and methods. Independently executes projects to fulfill department goals and objectives in the areas of cost reduction, productivity gains, process flow, capacity increases, scrap reduction, and process and product enhancements.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Support cable manufacturing in an around-the-clock production environment, including assisting production personnel and maintenance functions in day-to-day troubleshooting of equipment and processes, conducting trend analysis of reoccurring errors, and developing proposals/designs/training to reduce those errors and machine downtime and implement the corrections.
• Interface daily with operators and production team leaders to monitor and correct possible process fluctuations.
• Manage all aspects of bringing new equipment into production, including preparation of financial justification, designing, specifying, purchasing, as well as tracking all spending related to the project.
• Develop maintenance and operator training documentation, conducting equipment qualification and initial training of production personnel, and making provisions for repair parts stocking levels.
• Formally document all aspects of the project using various project and change management tools.
• Initiate and implement process or equipment improvements in order to reduce scrap/cost, increase run rates, or improve overall product performance and quality through the application of engineering principles.
• Support the transfer of new cabling technology or materials from development groups to the production environment.
• Provide processing support during product development, develop plans as to how the equipment/processes will be employed into production, and ensure that the new technology is repeatable in a production environment prior to transfer.
• Ensure all production and maintenance documentation is completed such as MI’s, SOP’s, PM’s, and calibration.
• Take an active role in continuous improvement team activities and conduct all tasks consistent with the DMAIC/Six Sigma methodology when applicable. • Excellent presentation skills for all audience types ranging from manufacturing associates to executive-level personnel.
• Less than 10 percent.
• M-F 8-5 Supporting a 24/7 Operation
• Min of BS degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
• Min of 2 yrs Manufacturing experience
• Project Management experience
• Knowledge of polymers and extrusion processes
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
• PE License
Measurement Engineer Job in Painted Post, New York
5G/FTTX Application Solutions Manager Job in Charlotte, North Carolina
Application Engineer Job in Changzhou, China