Job Location: Corning’s Milpitas, CA Office
Position Type: Full-Time
What does a 5G Wireless QA Engineer at Corning do?
Participate in the development of Product Validation, Feature Validation, Systems and Performance Analysis for 5G (Sub6 and mmW) products!
What does a typical day look like for a 5G Wireless QA Engineer?
- Support Development and System Integration for 5G (Sub6 and mmW) products focusing on Air interface, E2E performance, and Call Processing
- Define System Test Cases and Automation execution to ensure product meets both product and system requirements for Customer deployment
- Support HW and RF team for mmW Measurement, Hardware Calibration and Beam forming characterization
- Perform Quality Assurance (QA) testing, analyze test results, debug failures and work closely with the Development team to identify root causes and resolve problems
- Perform System (SW+HW) characterization and validate product specifications by collecting and processing test data
- Support Interoperability testing with RAN and core network vendors as part of Carrier certification and Customer acceptance procedures
- Work with field and customer support organizations to ensure product deploys properly for customers
What does career growth potential look like?
Potential career paths include but are not limited to continued progression within our Engineering and Technology organizations, etc. based on the individual.
What Qualifications do we look for?
- If you have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems or Computer Science with 5+ years’ experience you sound like a great fit!
- We want strong knowledge in LTE/5G Air Interface Protocols, Call Processing technologies and Network Architecture
- Bring good knowledge of LTE/5G system and 3GPP specifications and protocols, including PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers
- Solid understanding on LTE/5G concepts such as DL/UL Scheduling, Power Control, Beamforming, MIMO and mobility
- Experience in providing technical coaching to junior engineers within test organization and helping the team to solve problems
- Scripting experience specifically in Perl and/or Python Test methodologies
- Experience with test tools including Protocol Analyzers, XCAL/QXDM, Wireshark, Channel Emulator, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, Viavi TM500
- Willing to travel on demand and be able to work well in a fast-paced technical environment
- Experience in Test Execution and log analysis of LTE/5G 3GPP protocol test plans or LTE Inter-Operability testing