Responsible for working directly with end users, vendors, and other suppliers to analyze, recommend, design, and implement telecom network solutions and technologies. Evaluate and recommend new technologies as they relate to the businesses network strategy. Develops and maintains departmental design standards. Provide technical leadership and guidance to less experienced team members. Continually enhance departmental knowledge and skills. The Senior Telecommunications Engineer will provide technical support and delivery with the integration and support of Cisco VoIP. The Engineer in this role will be responsible for projects to integrate existing voice, video, and UC systems across the Lennar enterprise as well as for supporting the installation of new systems at remote locations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
-Analyze, design, develop, implement and troubleshoot new telecommunications systems/networks and solutions.
-Support Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Contact Center Express, Cisco Unity Connection and Video.
-Configure Cisco Call Manager and Call Manager Express to support new remote locations.
-Participate in developing and implementing SIP trunking solution for Kindred remote locations.
-Participate in developing and implementing solutions to integrate Cisco VoIP and Video.
-Provide support to remote phone systems that include Cisco Call Manager, Call Manager Express, Asterisk, Shoretel, NetFortris, TDM, or other phone systems.
-Develop solutions in response to customer requests, and present recommendations that include technical solution and cost estimates.
-Drive ongoing development and implementation of Unified Communications strategy. Negotiate telecom strategies, costs and schedules with all levels of IS management to meet agreed upon requirements, deadlines and goals.
-Actively build and maintain relationships with user community, vendors, specialists and developers in order to understand business needs and requirements related to design of new technologies.
-Serve as Telecom Engineering lead on multifunctional project teams within IS and across lines of business as required to support business requirements. Supervise Telecom Engineers and vendors throughout life of project. Ensure that all solutions and changes are cost effective and are within overall functional strategies, goals, and objectives.
-Create and deliver project review presentations and technical reports to Divisional leadership and the standard IS internal and executive project review committees.
· Bachelor s degree in related field of technology. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
· Ideal candidate will have successfully participated in large scale Cisco VoIP deployments
· Has attended and achieved Cisco certifications: CCIE, CCNP or appropriate
· An understanding of project delivery and project management
· 8+ years related telecommunications experience
· 6+ years recent experience in a position where primary responsibilities included Cisco Voice and Video Platforms in a large scale environment.
· Experience supporting Cisco wired and wireless network equipment as it relates to planning, designing, and troubleshooting VoIP and Video services.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and support commitments in a fast paced environment.
· Excellent customer service and communication skills.
· Familiarity with creating and managing to project schedules.
· Familiarity with integrating Cisco Call Manager with Tandberg Video, Microsoft Lync, and SIP is also beneficial.
· Understanding/experience with:
– PBX/Telephone System and Peripheral Architecture (i.e. additions / replacements).
– LEC and IXC Services (Trunking and Data).
– Equipment Services Deployment (i.e. SSR.Net boxes).
– Special Projects (i.e. RFP’s for National PBX Maint., Disaster Recovery)
– Northern Telecom, Toshiba Platform, and Cisco VOIP.
· Proven knowledge and ability to analyze and solve complex logical problems such as those found in the study of mathematics, statistics, or electrical engineering Must be engaged and able to see projects through from start to finish with little to no guidance
· Must possess project delivery skills and experience working directly with stakeholders, customers, and clients
· Experience with Change Control Board / Change Management.