Principle Fibre Engineer Job in Reading, Berkshire – This job is for the UK
Team, the Principal Engineer leads the technical capabilities within projects delivering Fibre-to-the-Home (FTTH).
You will work hand in hand with the Technical Managers and the customer Project Managers to ensure successful submission of project bids through to end to end deployment activities.
As a Principal Engineer Fixed Networks, you will be responsible for:
* Technical leadership of FTTx build
* Support the preparation of bids and proposals for Network Build opportunities
* Supporting third party vendor selection and onboarding
* Preparation of technical documentation, method of procedure, specification
* Carry out regular quality and H&S inspections. Liaise with management regarding on-site issues
* Liaise with other departments, the client representatives and other stakeholders as necessary.
* Assist in the management of third parties within agreed KPI’s and delivery schedules
* Conduct studies between different system/component solution options
The Principal Engineer must be extremely knowledgeable about the fibre construction industry and have at least 5 years of industry experience. The successful candidate will have typically begun their careers working in the field hands-on, (eg civils contractor, cabling installer/splicer), and should be familiar with various network construction methods and the design elements of a project.
* Civils and construction methodologies for fibre deployments
* Fibre infrastructure, PIA (Public Infrastructure Access)
* Wayleave and permitting
* Civils for SED’s
* Liaison with local authorities
* Full Engineering Life Cycle from requirements decomposition to acceptance and customer sign off
* Understanding of the complexities in design and implementation of large-scale fixed networks
* Ability to take responsibility for technical aspects of a project, and to work closely with project management to deliver OTDR equipment for fault localization
* Splicing/drop analysis for all fibre routes
* Survey and planning (Experience would be beneficial)
* GIS systems for the planning of routes
* Maintaining Geographical route documentation
* Providing fibre capacity reporting to Operations and planning/deployment
ITHR Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. ITHR Group is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.