Optical Fiber and Copper Jointer Job in Bunbury Telecom Service Pvt Ltd. The job includes Jointing, termination, and repairing copper and fiber optic telecommunications cables installed in underground pipes and trenches.
· Examining drawings, specifications, and work areas to determine positioning and connections for equipment to be installed
· Locating faults in telecommunications equipment using instruments such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, ammeters and transmission measuring equipment
· Running and terminating jumpers in Pillars and Exchanges
· Adjusting, replacing and repairing faulty items, and testing equipment using electronic instruments
· Joining cables and sealing sheaths with thermoplastic and lead (lead experience preferred)
· Optic Fibre and copper jointing
· Cable hauling, trenching, pit installation
· Completing all documentation that is required in an eligible format.
· Firm commitment to OH&S in the workplace and compliance with policies
· Reports directly to the construction manager
· Must have experience working within the NBN optical fiber network
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Good time management skills
· Strong attention to detail.
· Good problem-solving skills
· Great communications skills
Credentials Required (Minimum requirement to apply for role)
· NBN Accredited (Enable)
· Current open Cable registration
· Current and Valid WA drivers’ license
· White Card
· First Aid
· Police Clearance
Additional Credentials (Highly Regarded)
· Minimum 3 years’ experience working within the NBN network
· Cert. 3 in telecommunications
· Gas Test Atmospheres
· MR license
· Confined Space
· Traffic management
· Asbestos removal and/or supervise
· Forklift license
Please note due to the high volume of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
BTS can sponsor for 482 Visa however in those instances we would only consider people with significant experience and equivalent certifications to those which are listed above.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $63,000.00 /year