Measurements Systems Engineer Job in Christiansburg, Montgomery, Virginia, US
Scope of Position:
Serve as an electrical controls and PLC programming resource in the Corning Blacksburg Manufacturing Facility. The primary role will be supporting manufacturing operations, production floor controls equipment & instrumentation, measurements equipment, and image processing software/technology. Performing controls process improvements, equipment failure analysis with the resolution, and small to medium project leadership. The ideal candidate will have a mix of knowledge across electrical controls, manufacturing, and some measurements experience. Will be required to provide support for new equipment builds and equipment transfer when acting as a plant receiver.
- Support troubleshooting, updating and enhancing existing plant electrical/control systems.
- Provide support as required with motion control systems, robotics systems, and inspections systems
- Understand and implement both hardware and software components for control systems.
- Actively participate in receivership of electrical/control systems delivered to the plant, during design, fabrication, integration and testing, installation, and production start-up. Ensure training of plant personnel and technology transfer.
- Responding to second-level support requests for plant manufacturing equipment issues and manage to closure accordingly
- Lead projects for improvements to existing systems and/or the introduction of new plant-specific controls equipment.
- Less than 10% per year
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- 40+ hour week, Typically M – F, 8 – 5
- Nights/Weekend coverage as required, but scheduled approximately once every 8 weeks.
- Some on-call work also required.
Required Education and Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; (Computer, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or other)
- 3+ years Electric/Controls experience
- Track record of delivering results
- Rockwell PLC programming experience, specifically ControlLogix, integration, and implementation
- Strong fundamental understanding of electrical design practices, machine/motion control systems, electro-mechanical systems, robotics, programming, and system integration
- Demonstrated skills in control systems design, programming, systems integration, and closed loop control systems
- Ability to specify, configure, and implement the correct safety systems for applications.
- Able to design, configure, and implement RSView as well as PanelView HMI’s
- Well versed in the rules and regulation relating to implementation and best practices in electrical system design and implementation National Electric Code NFPA 79 Specification NFPA 70e Specification ANSI and IEC electrical symbols Grounding and shielding of electrical system
- Works well with other disciplines (IT, process, mechanical engineering)
- Some experience in a manufacturing environment
- Some knowledge of equipment engineering, process support, and debug
- Strong Leadership Background and desire to grow in Technical leadership
- Vision System Experience
- Robotics Experience
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Interpersonal skills – engaging, enabling, open
- Technical curiosity
- independent thinking
- Strong organizational skills
This position does not support immigration sponsorship