Manufacturing Team Leader Job in Corning Facility at Painted Post, New York, The United States.
Location: Painted Post, NY, US, 14870
Requisition Number: 43930
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning’s Environmental Technologies segment manufactures ceramic substrates and filter products for emissions control in mobile and stationary applications around the world.
Scope of Position:
Responsible for the development, implementation, and sustainment of activities in production area(s) to meet safety, quality, production, and cost objectives.
Day to Day Responsibility:
- Ensure the safety of employees
- Interact cooperatively with engineering, quality, planning, &, etc. to meet goals.
- Manage employee timecards and payroll.
- Prioritize production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply.
- Maintain manufacturing metrics tracking and reporting
- Direct subordinates to achieve assignments using established guidelines, procedures, and policies.
- Development and presentation of factual information.
- Provide immediate supervision to a unit or group of employees, assigning tasks, and checking work at frequent intervals.
- Supervise skilled and semi-skilled employees.
Schedule and Work Hours:
- The candidate will be expected to work 7 and/or 5 days, 8+ hour rotating shift schedules, arrive early/stay late as required, and provide coverage for opposing shifts as needed.
- 40-50 hr./wk.; rotating shifts to include weekends and holidays
Preferred Education and Experience:
- BS degree (technical discipline)
- Two years of manufacturing and/or leadership experience preferred.
- Excellent people skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to grasp technical details and understand the impacts of the process and requirements for successful performance/quality organization.
- Follow-up and documentation skills a must.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office skills
- Willingness to learn new things quickly and apply them. Also, willingness to ask for help so that issues are minimized.
- Process orientation – find ways to improve existing organizations
- Ceramic and material science knowledge
- Production Background
- Supervisor experience
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.