TMB is well established and reputable company that has been servicing leading companies in the entertainment production and staging markets since 1983.
We are currently seeking a Fibre Optic Technician. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced, mid-sized company.
Key process steps include but are not limited to optical element alignment, bonding, cleaning, baking, polishing, optical component testing. This person will be part of a team that is also responsible for process control, equipment maintenance, incoming material inspection and outgoing QC processes. Continuous learning and refinement of problem solving skills are essential. Technicians will have first tier responsibility for the production line for all day-to-day operations. Experience of Neutrik OpticalCON and Lemo 3K.93C assembly methods would be preferred. Approximately 100% of the work is performed in a precision, light industrial production area or laboratory.
- Fiber optic routing, bonding, inspection, polishing, and test
- Optical element inspection, test and integration into functional assemblies.
- Working knowledge of fibre optic cable assembly test equipment including interferometer and OTDR
- Equipment preventative maintenance and repair
- Create and maintain relationships with key suppliers of training, equipment and consumables.
- Maintenance of a clean and safe work place
- Documentation of manufacturing procedures as practiced
- Training of new team members to the production line
- Other duties as assigned.
- The successful candidate must be able to lift lab equipment and material weighing approximately 20 pounds.
- Must be familiar with spread sheet calculations, and charting.
- The successful applicant must also possess a proven ability to meet strict deadlines with delivery responsibilities within a supportive, professional team environment.
- Good team skills are vital to this position.
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken. Spanish is a big plus.
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret common scientific and technical documents.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers
- Knowledge of machines and tools.
- Solid computer skills.
- A.A. degree in technical field or equivalent (equivalent equals to a High School diploma/ GED and 2 years of experience).
- 2+ year’s experience in a precision manufacturing environment
Please submit Resume with salary requirements for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org