This position has extensive knowledge of underground fiber optic utility construction operations including equipment used, labor skills, safe digging operations, OSHA requirements, etc. This role will be overseeing underground fiber-optic utility installation projects of various sizes and scope of work.
This position works under minimal supervision and is responsible for overseeing all aspects of assigned projects from commencement to completion. Responsible for all financial reporting on a project as well as tracking and projecting of all labor, material, job expenses, and changes. Manages monthly financial projections, creation of a job-specific schedule of values which maintains positive cash flow, and will create, submit, and manage all
submittals throughout the entire project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
▪ Responsible for all financial reporting, tracking and projection of all labor, material, job
expense, and changes for each project assigned.
▪ Manage Superintendent created/CAD/BIM construction drawings to insure appropriate
▪ 80% Travel Ability Nationwide
▪ Drive division profitability through effective project execution.
▪ Manage, mentor, and develop direct reports and supervise indirect reports.
▪ Ensure schedule requirements are met for all projects. Readily adjust priorities and
milestones based upon changing customer needs, resource availability, and job requirements.
▪ Interact with the customer to validate expectations are understood and met before, during and
after project completion.
▪ Develop and lead project management technical and schedule goals, procurement and contractual
requirements, personnel assignments and capacity planning.
▪ Monthly financial projections for each project assigned.
▪ Create a project specific Schedule of Values that will maintain positive cash flow for each
▪ Monthly progress billing for each project assigned
▪ Create, submit, and manage and maintain all submittals, drawing, correspondence, and change
logs throughout the entire project.
▪ Submit, review for added cost, file and log all RFI’s.
▪ Price, budget, track, sell and collect all proposed changes.
▪ Oversee invoice per project terms and negotiate appropriate change orders.
▪ Prepare, organize, and manage material buyouts.
▪ Schedule and track material releases. Coordinate with GC, project schedule, and
Superintendent as needed.
▪ Actively assist and partner with project Superintendent on miscellaneous issues as necessary.
(Material, information, special items, constructability, safety)
▪ Set up all cost codes and production tracking with Superintendent
▪ Assist Superintendent in production tracking and analysis.
▪ Weekly jobsite visits and attend all jobsite meetings as required.
▪ Project schedule analysis. Issue notices and alerts as required.
▪ Organize and submit job closeout documentation. (As-builts, O&M’s.)
Other Duties and Responsibilities
▪ Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure efficient and effective completion of
Education and Experience
▪ BSEE or Construction Management preferred, high school diploma required.
▪ Experience with underground construction, trenching, plowing and boring in regard to long haul
fiber optics cabling.
▪ Working knowledge of fiber optic testing procedures.
▪ Knowledge of building/reading spice plans
▪ Demonstrated ability to develop relationships and assist in winning projects.
▪ Prior experience in electrical estimating.
▪ Substation, transmission and distraction project experience.
▪ Strong Computer skills.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
▪ Proven people management, process management, and performance management skills.
▪ Field experience coordination with construction management.
▪ Strong budget tracking, labor tracking, and scheduling skills.
▪ Proven experience and ability to analyze information and set up budgets.
▪ Extensive knowledge of project scheduling, bids, take offs, change orders, and contracts.
▪ Knowledge of financial software, accounting practices, change order pricing and billings.
▪ Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
▪ Working knowledge of general construction.
▪ Working knowledge of safety procedures and true believer in safety.
▪ Current and valid driver’s license and clean driving record.