Ericsson will provide End-to end-solutions that will support the Saudi Arabian telecommunications service provider Mobily as it accelerates its drive to digitalize the Kingdom’s business, industry, and society.
A December 30, 2019 agreement, signed at Mobily’s Riyadh headquarters, covers the deployment of Ericsson products and solutions spanning transport, core, charging and billing and radio access – including 5G products from the Ericsson Radio System portfolio.
Mobily says the agreement will support its drive to empower Saudi Arabia’s government and private sectors towards digital transformation, as well as accelerating the deployment of digital services, and expanding Internet of Things (IoT) usage.
Mobily cites its smart metering project with the Saudi Electricity Company as an example of the kind of project that will benefit from the agreement.
- Ericsson is driving 5G standardization and was the largest contributor to the standardization body in 3GPP during 2018. Ericsson is committed to rapidly applying these standards to our technology development.
- Ericsson has achieved interoperability between Ericsson Radio System commercial radios and the 5G test devices of its ecosystem partners such as Qualcomm on all main spectrum bands for initial 5G launches – most of them as first in the industry.
- Ericsson has a flexible portfolio with its 5G platform that enables telecom operators to smoothly switch on 5G on their existing 4G networks. The Ericsson Radio System hardware has been 5G-ready since 2015 and can also be used for 5G NR with remote software installation. This means the company has already shipped more than 4 million 5G-ready radios to our customers worldwide.
- Ericsson is a technology leader in 5G. Pioneering customers select us as their 5G partner and we were first with commercial live networks in four continents. This includes multiple operators in both the US and South Korea, as well as in Switzerland, Australia, and the Middle East. We have close to 80 commercial 5G agreements or contracts with unique operators, of which more than 20 are live networks.
- In addition to the above, Ericsson is collaborating with more than 40 universities and technology institutes as well as 30 industry partners.