Anticipated Start Date: 10/01/2015
Number of Positions: 1.00
Salary Range: $74,400 – $99,301
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:This position will manage and supervise the daily activities of the Telecommunications employees as follows:
- Lead the focus on safe work practices, development of processes that ensure safe, efficient and responsive services to our Transportation, Mechanical, Engineering and Business Unit internal customers.
- Manage/coordinate planning, operations, maintenance, installation and testing procedures for all Telecommunications systems, including, but not limited to: LAN, WAN, router, data center equipment, transmission systems-digital and analog, telephone systems, voice and data radio systems, video teleconferencing and multi-level office building infrastructure connectivity, copper and optical fiber media for information transmission.
- Project management responsibilities and coordination/interaction between the internal customers and outside contractors for the purpose of establishing time lines and schedules for Telecommunication network installations.
- Responsibility for estimating cost of capital improvements and maintaining capital budgets for Telecommunications portion of network upgrades and new installations associated with building improvements and new technologies.
- Responsibility for operating budget associated with telecommunications equipment maintenance and repairs costs.
- Associate degree OR five (5) or more years experience in telecommunications.
- Must be self-directed, motivated and have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate well, one-on-one and in groups.
- Must be safety conscious and able to support and contribute to a strong safety process.
- Previous Supervisory Experience.