As the Telecom Engineer, you will be part of the Local Product Group (LPG) Communication Networks. The LPG is part of the Power Systems division, which is a global leader in turnkey power projects and solutions.
ABB (www.abb.com) is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility, industry, and transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in roughly 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people.
Commissioning of Telecommunication equipment /systems:
1. Support in offer stage for Commissioning Activity estimation.
2. Understanding and taking over from Project Engineering Team once the equipment are delivered.
3. Preparation of channel / route plans, Method Statements in line with Client requirements
4. Schedule of Site activities for the Project in coordination with Client / End Client and ABB team
5. Installation Supervision and Commissioning of Supplied Telecom Equipment / System under ABB Projects as per design and in line with Test / Commissioning Reports- Typically following products will be involved:
a. ABB’s FOX family of products: FOX515, FOX515H, FOX515T, FOX515X, FOX615, FOX660.
b. PABX: iS3000/NEC Series of PABX System.
c. Tele-protection System- NSD570, SACO based Remote Alarm system, NSK5 Modems, etc.
d. Ethernet Switches- ABB –AFS series, CISCO, Hirschmann etc.
e. Wireless System including ABB Wireless Products and systems etc.
6. Preparation of Red Marked drawings after completion of Commissioning.
7. Closing of Snags and NODs (Notice of Defects).
8. Attending equipment failure and providing fault report during / after the repair / replacement.
9. Following ABB and Client Health and Safety as well as ABB’s Code of Conduct is of prime importance and to be followed at all times.
10. Collaboration with ABB other commissioning team members as well as other members of ABB
Telecom team for own assignments as well as other team members assignment.
11. Upkeep of the assigned Test Instruments such as timely calibration, maintenance and records.
12. Overall responsible for managing and leading all site activities from project-start till the as-built stage with
strict adherence to the project specifications and ABB standards.