Company: Colormatrix Europe Ltd
Location: Prescot, NW L34 9GT
Job Type: Full Time/Permanent
Years of Relevant Experience: 5+ years
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Salary: 25,000.00 – 35,000.00 £ per year
ColorMatrix part of the PolyOne Group, is a leading global innovator of liquid colour and additives for the plastics industry and we are looking to recruit an experienced Production Supervisor, to join the manufacturing facility based in the North West, UK.
ColorMatrix Europe Technical Department is tasked with enabling the regional business unit to exploit opportunities within the market place and at our customer accounts through the successful delivery of quality colour product formulations in a timely manner.The FibreProduct Designer will be required to provide:
- Colour matching for melt spun fibre applications, using the latest CMEU/PolyOne fibre technology.
- Quality Control of custom colour products for fibre.
- Quality control of single pigment bases for fibre applications.
- Technical Control of raw materials for fibre applications.
- Technical support for scale-up activities in production for fibre products
Key responsibilities will include:
- Undertake key fibre project work from initial concept through to implementation and then closure of project.
- Analysis of new products available to CMG, with reference to fibre applications.
- Support to the commercial team as required e.g. supporting trial work, on-site colour matching, etc.
- Work to further develop CME capability for file/library matching and match prediction, with the aim of shortening lead times for design activity.
- Creates liquid formulations that meet the customer’s requirements.
- Problem solves and troubleshoots, including investigation for customer complaints.
- Prepares reports including those to support sales and business projects.
Suitable candidates will beHNC / Degree qualified in Chemistry/Polymer Science/Polymer Engineering, have previous experience in a technical based role with synthetic fibre, have degree of commercial awareness and must be able to respond within a fast paced environment focusing on and prioritising multiple tasks at any one time. Previous experience in the plastics or colour industry, familiarity with Injection Moulding equipment or other plastics processing equipment, experience using pigments & dyes, formulation of liquid dispersions and Lean / 5 S knowledge would be desirable.
Key Skills & Behaviours
- Good level of IT literacy especially with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Attention to detail
- Problem Solving
- Good communication skills