Vodafone (New York, NY)
Role purpose: Ensure that Vodafone’s business operations in the US and Latin America comply with applicable law and regulation, as well as internal policy and governance requirements. The position also will advise and provide commercial legal and negotiations support for Vodafone’s US and Latin American lines of business. The position will advise the Vodafone Americas Assistant General Counsel on commercial and regulatory risks, challenges and opportunities.
Regulatory and External Affairs. Supports Vodafone Americas regulatory and external affairs activities in support of our US business. Contribute to and provide commercially savvy advice to Vodafone Group and Americas business lines on legal and regulatory requirements for Vodafone’s products and services in the US, Canada and multiple countries in Latin America. Support and advise on legal and regulatory matters. Advocate and lobby for Vodafone before the FCC and other regulatory agencies at staff level.
Commercial: Provide strategic and sophisticated legal, commercial, and negotiation support for the US business. Advise and support the business in meeting its legal, regulatory and policy requirements. Advise bid, commercial, and sales teams legal, regarding regulatory and commercial matters arising out of mobility and fixed service offerings in the US and throughout Canada and Latin America.
Commercial risk management: Part of the team responsible for the development and execution of a legally and commercially sufficient strategy to ensure that material, business impacting terms, and conditions are in company agreements. Support the development and execution of sustainable and robust processes to ensure that business impacting information is provided to Sales, Finance and Tax stakeholders to support optimal revenue and margin generation, while minimizing commercial risk and legal exposure
Others: Outstanding colleague and team player. Highly engaged in influencing and creating relationships throughout our global organization. Management of external counsel and associated budget required for the delivery of legal services in support of product and service offerings in the US.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- 4-8 years of experience required with a combination of law firm and in-house experience preferred.Top 25 law school accreditation strongly preferred
- Experience in telecommunications, high tech, or media preferred
- Polished professional, ambassador for legal and regulatory function, with high fluency and comfort with ambiguity and decision-making on incomplete information
- Business savvy, financial acumen, and risk sensitivity required.
- Outstanding communicator (both written and oral) with demonstrated people skills
- Excellent analytical and writing skills and an ability to effectively communicate in writing to senior members of the legal, regulatory, and business teams
- Spanish and/or Portuguese fluency a plus