Location: Field Based in Southern England
Package: £30,000 basic with £6,000 car allowance and business mileage, pension, 25 days holiday and all tools provided.
Are you a customer facing telecoms fibre network expert who is looking to move away from a day to day hands on role, and into more of a regional supervisory, inspection and audit position? Can you coach and develop engineers and know what a top quality residential or business internet installation visit should look like?
If so, we are looking for a regional inspector to work for this telecoms company on projects across the South of England.
It`s a permanent job and would be field based with occasional visits (Probably one morning a week) to the company HQ near to Reading but aside from then, you`ll be the inspector and point of reference in the field – you’ll manage installation quality compliance and provide top customer service, whilst resolving installation related issues.
You’ll be responsible for the regions passing audit standards, so you’ll coach in house and contract partner crews when needed on what the perfect install should look like. You’ll also be conducting site safety checks in line with the NRSWA, so while this isn’t a formal health and safety position, you’ll be experienced and savvy enough to know what is right, and what is wrong when it comes to external street works and the installation of service via cable to customer premises.
You’ll work closely with regional management, and be involved in monthly meetings with the contract partners
It’s not a formal management role from day one, but offers the ideal situation for an experienced engineer to bridge the gap between the tools and moving into a leadership role, and you’ll get the satisfaction in helping to shape things if you come on board with the company that is providing the fastest internet service in the country.
Skill wise, we`d be aiming for:
* A detailed knowledge of telecoms fibre optic or HFC networks with knowledge of FTTC and FTTH being a strong advantage (But not essential). This can either be residential or business installs.
* Knowledge of the typical hand tools and equipment used in telecoms installations and construction.
* NRSWA qualified with knowledge of HAUC.
* Audit, inspection and coaching & developing of telecoms field engineers.
* Full driving license and a can-do attitude to location and being out in the field.
This role is a field based, customer facing position, and will require travel across Southern England but this will normally be commutable on a day to day basis and if any overnight stays are needed, these will be covered by the company alongside the business mileage being paid.
Bluefire Consulting is an employment business acting on behalf of a client company.
Latest posts by James (see all)
- Verizon Signs Agreement with Unions - May 29, 2016
- Facebook and Microsoft Invest in Marena Fiber Cable System - May 28, 2016
- Orange Foresee Challenges in Egypt - April 26, 2016
- Optoscribe Raises Funds for Business Expansion - April 26, 2016
- Northland to Build Network for IDA in Herkimer County - April 25, 2016