As a technician, you will be responsible for daily planning, organising materials, liaising with customers and carrying out the installation of premises wiring for residential and small business premises.
Strong customer service skills and being able to build positive relationships are essential and you will show commitment to quality work practices and ongoing quality assurance. You must be committed to actively following our Health and Safety protocols.
Suitable applicants will possess:
• Experience primarily in all aspects of working with premises wiring, both residential and small business
Have knowledge of fibre optics cable on splicing and handling. Understanding of civil works will be an advantage
Understanding copper network will be an advantage
• Level 3 NZQA Telecommunications or equivalent and /or similar experience in the industry is desirable
• An energetic personality and enthusiastic approach to work
• Sound computer skills for record keeping
• Be innovative and team focused and be able to generate solutions that produce results
• Must be a self-starter, work autonomously and work well in a team environment
• A verifiable championing of quality workmanship and a right first-time attitude
• The ability to travel to other areas to assist the business as required
• Full and current driving licence is essential
• Have completed Chorus WTC courses (optional)
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.