Expereinced Fibre Splciers Wanted
- Kingston and St. Andrew
- Fixed term contract
Job Title: Fibre Splicer
Who are we?
We have over 30 years’ experience in delivering high quality integrated solutions to blue chip clients and a multitude of public sector bodies. We have become the nation’s leading support services provider with a workforce of over 3,000 people.
Summary of Role
Reporting to the Splicing Supervisor, the Fiber Splicer must have the ability to perform fiber optic splicing as well as understand engineering and splicing drawings. This person must possess strong communication skills, knowledge of construction practices for Outside Plant cable placement, and have sufficient experience with computers. The person must have telecommunications experience.
What you will be responsible for?
- Ability to fusion and mechanically splice fibre optic cables.
- Experience and knowledge using OTDRs, fibre scopes and insertion loss testing.
- Experience in working on live networks, and planning outages.
- Experience in following design schematics and management direction.
- Ability to work at heights and in various challenging field environments
- Ability to maintain and interpret records of daily work logs, data recordings, and network design maps
- Ability to operate communications devices and company vehicles in accordance with company policies
- Ability to adhere to strict Health & Safety Guidelines and procedures as set out by the company
- Ability to perform other duties as requested by supervisor
What Knowledge, Skills & Abilities do you require?
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in fibre splicing.
- Some training certificate in fibre splicing and testing
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Flexibility in line with business requirements
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- Competitive pay and conditions
- Training and Development programs leading to industry accreditations
If you are interested if this position please send your CV to and a member of our recruitment team who will be in contact to discuss further.