MASSY TECHNOLOGIES INFOCOM (TRINIDAD) LTD
To respond to all network issues and resolve them within a timely manner. Perform aerial and underground install for fiber optic ADSS cable, as well as, ISP construction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Placement of aerial and nderground ADSS fiber optic cable for ISP and OSP.
- Performing pole transfers, pulling cable, moving slack
and installing snow shoes.
- Placing risers and inner duct as necessary.
- Digging trenches and/or holes as necessary.
- Loading and unloading of job material and equipment.
- Proper care, use and upkeep of company vehicles and equipment.
- Ensure that construction is taking place in accordance with company standards.
- Ensure that work is being conducted in accordance with
internal and T&TEC HSE best practices and standards.
- Ensure that the work area is left in the same condition as it was met.
- Represent the company in a respectable and responsible manner.
- Will be required to travel to various locations throughout Trinidad and Tobago
- Will be required to respond to network issues
outside of normal work hours.
- May be required to assist with other departmental duties as needed.
Knowledge and Capabilities:
- Certification in outside plant construction or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in associated discipline.
- Knowledge in standard aerial fiber optic construction practices, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience handling cable placing equipment.
- Willing to learn to read and interpret construction prints, plans and specifications.
- Willingness to be on call as needed.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and at varying heights.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Willingness to learn and grow within the
- Strong Culture of Health and Safety practices.
- Experience in fiber optic splicing, testing and characterization would
be an asset.
- A heavy T license would be a great asset.
- Has the ability to work under pressure with little guidance in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Works on and completes multiple tasks at one time and adapts to priorities that change often.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team work.
- Excellent problem solving skills and deadline oriented.
Latest posts by Fiber (see all)
- Shin-Etsu Announces Expansion of Preform Production - October 6, 2017
- Acacia Communications Introduces 1.2 Tbps Coherent Module - September 21, 2017
- Sydney Trains Selects Ciena’s 6500 Packet Optical Platform - September 11, 2017
- Rollable Ribbons will Change Fiber Optic Cable Design Concepts - September 9, 2017
- Italian Open Fiber Plans investment of 6.5 Billion Euros in FTTH - June 22, 2017