Come and join a Team where we look after you! FixTel Services Australia is a fast growing Australian company that is redefining the Telecommunications Sub-Contractor experience by actually caring about you as a contractor. Guaranteed work along with on time regular payments. We also have a Full Time Employee Opportunity for the correct applicant. .
FixTel Services Australia is searching for Sub-Contractors to complete a wide variation of work via the Telstra Network across Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia and New South Wales.
The Fibre Network Technician is responsible for the operation, maintenance, repairs and administration of the fibre optical cables installed in the TPG network.
· Investigate and repair fibre optic related faults in a timely manner, and as directed by the Network Control Centre.
· Inspect and perform quality appraisal on contractor’s installations ensuring they conform to specifications
. Fibre Optic troubleshooting and terminations.
· Testing OTDR, Power Meters.
· Installing, prepping and Splicing Fibre Optic Cabling.
· Fusion Splicing.
· Respond to cable damage, and perform emergency repairs fibre optic cables, whether permanent or temporary.
· Conduct regular OTDR testing of fibre optic cables as requested by Manager.
· Monitor activities along the cable route and work closely with external and internal contractors, property owners, councils and other utilities.
· Supervise any cable relocations works by approved contractors, in the advent of any works impacting upon the Fibre Optic network.
· Maintain log of all maintenance activities.
· Attend to after hours and perform remote activities as required.
· At least 5 years of telecommunications industry experience working in live carrier networks.
· Open cabling licence with appropriate endorsements.
· Construction industry white card.
· Experience fault finding with OTDR, traffic identifiers, Constant light Source and power meters.
· Proven ability to interpret Network designs and records.
· Basic knowledge of transmission techniques.
· Ability to travel and perform out of hours work as required.
· Highly motivated and a self-starter.
· High level of communication skills
· Ability to act independently and take initiative.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Ability to liaise with both internal and external customers.
· Minimum Class 1 driver’s license.
· Have exceptional customer service skills and a positive, can-do attitude.
· Focus on quality, safety, and getting the job done right the first time.
· Be reliable, punctual and self-motivated.
· Take pride in your appearance and presentation.
FIXTEL SERVICES AUSTRALIA ARE LOOKING FOR:
Previous experience in Carrier Fibre Splicing, Copper Jointing/ HFC Experience, ISDN Connections, Surveying work, Recovery Work and/or Rod, Rope, Pit and Fibre Hauling.
· Sub-Contractors looking to receive training, obtain qualifications and work within these fields
· Individuals seeking to enter the telecommunications industry as a Sub-Contractor
TO GET STARTED WITH FIXTEL SERVICES AUSTRALIA YOU MUST HAVE:
· A current registered company
· A current Australian driver’s licence
· A Suitable commercial vehicle (Ute or Van preferred)
· The correct tools and equipment
· Up to date Business insurances including Public Liability, Workers Compensation and Comprehensive Motor Vehicle
· ACMA Open Cabler’s Registration with S/O/C endorsements
· Construction Industry White Card
· Power Awareness & Working at Heights certificates
· Police Check including working with vulnerable people (valid within the last 6 months)
· Safety Awareness certificate
· First Aid certificate
· iPad and mobile phone with data plan
If you feel you’re the right fit for an expanding company,
Please apply by Email firstname.lastname@example.org