“IoT Chip Market by Hardware (Processor, Sensor, Connectivity IC, Memory Device, and Logic Device), End-Use Application (Wearable Devices, Building Automation, Industrial, Automotive & Transportation, and Others), and Geography – Global Forecast to 2022″
The IoT chip market is expected to be valued at USD 14.81 Billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 13.2% from 2016 to 2022.
The IoT chip market for the retail end-use application is expected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2016 to 2022, followed by wearable devices. The rising demand from customers for easier and better shopping experience would drive the use of IoT in the retail application as it would help customers to reduce checkout times, facilitate easier payment procedures, and enable a comparative cost analysis.
On the basis of hardware, the IoT chip market has been segmented into processor, sensor, connectivity IC, memory device, and logic device. Connectivity ICs held a major share of the market in 2015. The significant recent development of IoT-enabled products is one of the key factors leading to the dominance of this segment.
Automotive and transportation end-use application held the largest share of the IoT chip market in 2015
The automotive and transportation end-use application held the largest share of the IoT chip market in 2015. The major factor driving the growth of this market is the rise of new segments in the automotive and transportation sector such as connected cars and intelligent transportation systems (ITS) with the advancement of IoT.
North America leads the IoT chip market in terms of market size
North America held the largest share of the IoT chip market in 2015. It is one of the fastest-growing markets in terms of technological advancements, manufacturing operations, and infrastructure. The wide-scale adoption of IoT technologies in several industries such as automotive and transportation, building automation, and consumer electronics is the key factor supporting the growth of the IoT chip market in this region.
The companies that are profiled in the report are Intel Corporation (U.S.), Qualcomm Incorporated (U.S.), NXP Semiconductors N.V (Netherlands), Texas Instruments Incorporated (U.S.), STMicroelectronics N.V. (Switzerland), MediaTek Inc. (Taiwan), Microchip Technology Inc. (U.S.), Renesas Electronics Corporation (Japan), Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. (China), NVIDIA Corporation (U.S.), Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (U.S.), Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (U.S.), and Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (South Korea).
- Raw material and manufacturing equipment suppliers
- Semiconductor wafer vendors
- Fabless players
- EDA and IP core vendors
- Foundry players
- Original equipment manufacturers
- ODM and OEM technology solution providers
- Distributors and retailers
- Research organizations
- Technology standard organizations, forums, alliances, and associations
- Technology investors
- Operating system (OS) vendors
- Content providers
- Software providers
IoT Chip Market Scope:
- Processor Microcontroller (MCU) Application Processor (AP) Digital Signal Processor (DSP)
- Sensor Accelerometer Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) Heart Rate Sensor Pressure Sensor Temperature Sensor Blood Glucose Sensor Blood Oxygen Sensor Electrocardiogram (ECG) Sensor Humidity Sensor Image Sensor Ambient Light Sensor Flow Sensor Level Sensor Chemical & Gas Sensor Motion and Position Sensor
- Connectivity IC Ant+ Bluetooth Bluetooth Smart/Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) ZigBee Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) Ethernet Near-Field Communication (NFC) EnOcean Cellular Network Wireless Highway Addressable Remote Transducer Protocol (WHART) Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) Module Thread Z-Wave ISA100
- Memory Device Static Random-Access Memory (SRAM) Dynamic Random-Access Memory (DRAM)
- Logic Device Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA)
For more information visit: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/iot-chip-market-236473142.html#utm_source=PR&utm_medium=Mahesh
Mr. Shelly Singh
630 Dundee Road
Northbrook, IL 60062
USA : 1-888-600-6441.