Alcatel-Lucent’s technology and managed services enhance SiFi Networks’ offer of funding, building and operating world-class fiber networks to US communities
Alcatel-Lucent has been approved by fiber optics network provider SiFi Networks as its preferred vendor for providing equipment and ongoing network operations services to its FiberCities program in the United States.
SiFi Networks is an international fiber network developer that funds, builds and operates world-class fiber optic networks – supporting gigabit-per-second and beyond broadband connectivity to consumers and businesses throughout the US.
With many American communities still lacking ultra-broadband access, Alcatel-Lucent and SiFi Networks will work together to build, deploy and manage Fiber-to-the-Premise (FTTP) networks over which internet service providers can deliver an array of next generation services.
SiFi Networks has already struck deals in California and Kentucky to build FTTP networks, with discussions taking place with several other cities across the United States. The increased bandwidth and efficiency of a SiFi Networks’ FiberCity can stimulate growth within a community by attracting new businesses and residents, and enhancing government, safety, education and health care services.
– Alcatel-Lucent is SiFi Networks’ preferred vendor for equipment and operations to their FTTP networks delivering ultra-broadband access to US communities.
– Network equipment and deployment architecture can already support speeds of one, ten and even higher gigabit-per-second services, making it attractive for long term infrastructure investment programs.
– SiFi Networks will lease capacity on the fiber network to Communication and Internet Service Providers in order to deliver advanced communication services to residents at home, work or on the move.
– Alcatel-Lucent is providing an end-to-end, open service FTTP network supported by its 7360 Intelligent Services Access Manager, 7750 Service Router and 7638 Optical Network Terminal. It will also operate each city’s network on behalf of SiFi Networks as a managed service.
– The Alcatel-Lucent FTTP network will offer superior resiliency and availability to support growing residential and commercial communication demands for ultra-broadband services.
About SiFi Networks
SiFi Networks funds, builds and operates fiber optic networks enabling service providers to deliver dozens of next generation applications including superfast internet, video and phone, creating SiFi Networks’ FiberCities throughout the USA and Europe.
Latest posts by James (see all)
- Verizon Signs Agreement with Unions - May 29, 2016
- Facebook and Microsoft Invest in Marena Fiber Cable System - May 28, 2016
- Orange Foresee Challenges in Egypt - April 26, 2016
- Optoscribe Raises Funds for Business Expansion - April 26, 2016
- Northland to Build Network for IDA in Herkimer County - April 25, 2016