Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited’s (PTCL) network has been upgraded to enable transmission of 100G which would eventually benefit all of its subscribers nationwide with high-speed connectivity. The optical networks have been upgraded by Nokia Photonic Service Engine Chipset.
In order to enhance the capacity and speed of PTCL’s optical network for both domestic and international traffic, Nokia has deployed 100G Optical platforms. The new transport network supports PTCL to provide faster and more reliable services to its subscribers, while reducing capital and operating costs.
PTCL is able to flexibly increase network capacity and efficiency with the Software Defined Network (SDN) capabilities of the Nokia optical solution. This allows PTCL to meet surging traffic demands caused by the increasing use of high-bandwidth services and applications such as HD and 4K video by individuals, and cloud by webscale companies.
Nokia 500G DWDM line card and flexgrid technology provides investment protection for PTCL with an instant upgrade to 200G and 400G per wavelength for flexibly meeting growing bandwidth demand.
PTCL has an extensive optical fiber footprint throughout Pakistan. Ensuring a network redundancy in case of a fiber cut is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction. Nokia DWDM network provides multipath redundancy against multiple fiber breaks and thereby ensuring higher network availability SLAs.
The Set-Partition Quadrature Phase Shift Keying (SP QPSK) modulation is utilized to efficiently cover very long distance links which not only offers excellent Optical Signal-to-Noise Ratio (OSNR) tolerance but also 30% improvement in latency over PTCL network due to less regenerations.
The new optical network makes it easier to launch new services based on the ROADM (Reconfigurable Optical Add-Drop Multiplexers) technology, which adds flexibility and agility to the network.
Nokia Solution to PTCL
– Nokia 1830 Photonic Service Switch – Allows PTCL to deploy services quickly, bring down TCO and extend network lifecycles.
Nokia 100G 1830 platform – Offers 100G waves and with Nokia flexgrid technology, the same infrastructure is ready to load wavelengths 100G beyond.
– Existing PTCL longhaul network without any additional network infrastructure can be utilized.
– Nokia’s 1830 PSS 100G Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) solution with Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) flexibly increases network capacity.
– 100G Set-Partition Quadrature Phase Shift Keying (SP QPSK) modulation is utilized to efficiently cover very long distance links offering excellent OSNR tolerance with 30% improvement in latency due to less regenerations.
– The 500G DWDM line card provides investment protection for PTCL with an instant upgrade to 500G of flexible transport bandwidth for delivery of 100G services.