Acacia Communications, a leading provider of high-speed coherent optical interconnect products had introduced AC1200 Coherent Module, based on its Pico digital signal processor (DSP) ASIC. These coherent modules are used for DCI, Metro, and Long-Haul Applications.
Acacia’s AC1200 supports transmission speeds of up to 1.2 Tbps in a footprint which is 40% less than the size of a 5” x 7” module supporting 400 Gbps today. AC1200 modules utilize two wavelengths handling up to 600 Gbps.
Founded by prominent industry experts, Acacia Communications Inc. provides advanced solutions to the optical transport and network infrastructure equipment market for coherent 100Gbps and above. Acacia designs, manufactures and sells leading-edge optical transceiver subsystems that enable customers to reduce overall development costs while improving performance and time to market for our customers. As worldwide network bandwidth continues to grow exponentially, Acacia is committed to continuing to build transformative products to fuel global growth with leading performance solutions at the lowest total cost. Acacia is headquartered in Maynard, Massachusetts, USA and has an office in Hazlet, New Jersey, USA, Mountain View, California, USA, San Jose, California, USA, and Limerick, Ireland.
In addition to its higher capacity and density, Acacia’s AC1200 introduces several new features designed to enable network operators to improve efficiency while reducing network costs. Key among these features are:
– Tunable Baud Rate – enables continuous baud rate adjustment for optimal utilization of the available spectrum
– Patented Fractional QAM Modulation – provides users with the ability to select very fine resolution of QAM constellations for optimal capacity
– Enhanced Turbo Product Code SD-FEC – offers ultra-high net coding gain (NCG) and enables maximum reach, while maintaining low power dissipation.
Acacia’s AC1200 module will support security encryption and a wide range of host interfaces designed to reduce or eliminate the need for costly external devices. Acacia will support its AC1200 with a software development kit designed to streamline the integration and allow customers to more quickly take advantage of this highly flexible solution.
Acacia’s versatile AC1200 will support multiple network applications, including DCI, metro, long-haul and submarine.
Key Acacia technologies supporting its AC1200 coherent module are:
– High performance DSP ASIC in the latest CMOS node with the low power dissipation that the industry has come to expect from Acacia products;
– Highly integrated silicon photonics circuit that supports high baud rates while reducing interconnect costs; and
– Co-optimization and short connection between the DSP ASIC and Optics provides high fidelity for the high speed interconnects.
Increasing bandwidth demands are driving the need for key technologies like silicon photonics that evolve networks more efficiently. Acacia has a history of driving innovation by developing products with increasing performance capabilities and reduced size and power consumption.
Acacia is planning to release the samples in first half of 2018. Acacia believes that the AC1200 is well positioned to help carriers and content providers meet their growing bandwidth demands.